Monday, July 6, 2009

Coming to my senses.





I realize it's been a while since updating my whereabouts and happenings in Australia so I will try to attempt to catch you up. Studio has been going well, we are fully into design mode and had our first presentation/critique on Monday. We visited some art museums last week and did this amazing walk on Thursday from Bondi Beach to Coogee, stopping along the way for lunch and a discussion with Adrian concerning sustainability. Yes, it's winter here and yes, walking along this beautiful ocean is considered school for me.....I LOVE IT! Friday and the weekend we got out of the city and headed west to the Blue Mountains. Friday we met a member of a local aboriginal tribe who led us on a 7 hour hike through the mountains that included scaling rocks and walking on mossy logs across raging streams. A little out of my comfort zone but amazing and potentially a new found love. Saturday we did some more hiking, went to a book discussion for our professor's book, and made dinner for a group of us, sat around eating, drinking wine, and having great conversation in the mountains. Back to reality here in Sydney though. This week is relatively calm so it gives a good chance to dig into school work. 

3 comments:

  1. Jenna:
    I just love reading your blog and finding out all about your wonderful experience in Australia. Just don't forget your family "back home" that love you and want you to return!(ha)
    Love ya,
    Aunt Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenna,
    I love looking at your pictures, they are beautiful. If the whole interior design career doesn't workout for some reason, you could always take up a career in photography. I'm glad to hear you are having a great time. I must admit I'm a little jealous, you are so lucky to be able to study abroad, but I'm sure you already realize that. We all miss you very much. I didn't get the chance to visit with you often, but knowing you are so far away right now makes me miss you even more. I'm sure your parents are going crazy right now not getting to see you. Keep posting these gorgeous pictures and keep letting us know whats going on with you in "The Land Down Under." We all love you and are proud of you.
    Love and Kisses,
    Tracey,Cody, Kyle and Colten

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jenna Marie,

    You inspire me with your passion for this work and your vision. I feel like the world will pass to a generation with great heart, dedication and joy. I can't believe the girl who didn't like to get dirty is out on 7 hour hikes!!!! The pics are beautiful.

    Love ya

    Aunt Heather

    ReplyDelete